On January 2nd, 2013 The H.R. 8 (American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012), Section 401 was signed Extending the Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit through December 31, 2013 and using the 2012 Residential Energy Credits Form 5695 containing the reinstatement of homeowner tax credits for windows, doors, and skylights.
How to Qualify for the Tax Credit
If the homeowner has taken a tax credit of $500 or more for any ENERGY STAR® qualified product (such as HVAC, insulation, roofing, etc.) in the 2006 through 2011 tax years, they are not eligible for this tax credit for 2012 or 2013.
The taxpayer should keep a copy of the certification statement and purchase receipts for their records, but does not have to submit a copy with their tax return.
Tax Credits Downloads for 2012-2013 (PDF format)
- 2012-2013 Entry Door Tax Credit Statement
- 2012-20113 Aeris Windows Bays and Bows Energy Tax Credit
- 2012-2013 Vinyl Windows and Bays and Bows Energy Tax Credit Statement/a>
- 2012-2013 Prestige Patio Door Energy Tax Credit Statement
- 2012-2013 Aeris Collection Patio Doors Energy Tax Credit